Until today, your choice of amplifier involved a balanced compromise: between performance, features, build quality and cost. Something always had to give. But IPD Series changes all of that. Now you can benefit from superior capabilities and renowned reliability, without compromising on affordability.
Lab.gruppen has effectively rewritten the rule book with the IPD Series, changing everything you’d expect from a compact and moderately priced 1U amplifier. First, we took no shortcuts. The high sustained power output, exemplary performance, and robust build quality are everything you would expect from a Lab.gruppen product. What you would not expect are all the extras at no additional cost: analog and AES3 digital inputs, supercharged on-board DSP with a feature set and processing power rivalling high-priced standalone digital audio processors, and Ethernet-based networking for monitoring and control by a computer running the intuitive IntelliDrive Controller software.
Brawn with brains.
IPD Series packs exceptional power and performance into 1U. The IPD 1200 delivers 2 × 600 W while the flagship IPD 2400 supplies 2 × 1200 W, both at 4 ohms. This audio muscle is coupled with extraordinary intelligence. At the heart of the IPD platform is a latest-generation DSP engine equipped with up to a total of 40 real-time, multi-slope parametric EQs along with adjustable gain, input and output delay, and both high- and low-pass filters adjustable to any frequency.
The DSP also provides extensive protection for your loudspeaker system, in the form of the innovative software-controlled Speaker Protect Limiter, configured with ease from within IntelliDrive Controller software. Harnessing all of this power is child’s play thanks to the IPD LoadLibrary, a collection of Lab.gruppen released presets – for quick configuration and optimization of a wide range of loudspeaker systems, both generic and popular brand models.
Take control, at the rack or anywhere
All setup parameters for input mixing, DSP features and limiter setting are accessible on the front panel using two navigation buttons, a rotary encoder, and the backlit display. Individual channel mute buttons are also available. Up to 100 user-defined presets may be stored on-board.
Most users will also want to take advantage of the advanced, Ethernet-based networked monitoring and control features. Network configuration is fast and foolproof, with automatic discovery and identification of all connected amplifiers. The sleek GUI is designed for touch-based devices, and enables quick grouping of amplifiers along with intuitive setup and preset storage of all DSP parameters.
Exceptional I/O flexibility
With AES3 digital inputs standard, IPD Series amplifiers connect directly to digital console stage boxes, or accept AES input within a fixed digital network installation, eliminating a D-A/A-D conversion cycle. Additionally, AES3 inputs can be set for automatic fail-over to analog (perfect for keeping the show going, or in case of installations – maintaining system integrity for mission-critical PA/VA system applications), and input mixing is available for all four inputs. At the power output end, connections are available on binding posts or Neutrik speakON.
The time for compromise is over.
- High power density 1200 W in 1 U
- 2 × 600 W (at 4 ohms)
- Low mains current draw with proven IDEEA technology
- Networked control via IntelliDrive Controller™ touch-based GUI
- Ethernet network connection
- AES3 and analog inputs with redundant failover
- Link outputs for analog and AES3
- Software-configured Speaker Protect Limiter
- Fast network setup with auto-discovery and ID of amplifiers
- Four-channel input mixer
*Integrated DSP includes:
- 40 real-time, multi-slope parametric equalizers
- Adjustable high-pass and low-pass filters
- Input delay (up to 2 s)
- Output delay (up to 2 s)
- Crossover with multiple filter types
- 100 user-definable presets
- IPD LoadLibrary speaker presets
- Backlit display with navigation buttons and encoder for front panel setup
- Horizontal VU meters on display in operating mode
- Mute buttons on front panel
- Binding post and Neutrik speakON connectors
- Outputs may be connected through either one (NL-4) or both speakONs
- Universal power supply: 100 – 240 V at 50 or 60 Hz
- Three year warranty