The Novation UltraNova is a ‘Nova’ series analogue-modelling synthesizer with a powerful effects processor. It is a single-part synth taking the legendary Supernova II synth engine as a starting point and packing it with the latest technology. It now has brand new features including wavetable synthesis, even more powerful filters, a software editor and a revolutionary new touch-sense performance mode.
The 'Nova' family was born in 1998with the Supernova, which was the first of a series of powerful synthesisers. These quickly became industry standard 'big-synths' which are still used by countless artists and sound designers.
UltraNova is the latest addition to the family bringing the range right up to date with a host of new features and a more affordable price tag.
Brand new Nova-series synth engine based on Supernova II: • Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots • Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
Touch-sense controls enable totally new sound-shaping & performance: • Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders • Large rotary control instantly allows you fine control of any parameter
Totally gig-able with 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls: • Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic • High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing style
Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing: • Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software • Software Patch Librarian a organise, store and share unlimited patches
Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered: • UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer • Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
Novation Ultranova Key Features:
- Single-part synth engine with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables and five effect slots
- Eight assignable touch-sensitive rotary controllers, with one large knob to instantly give you fine control of any parameter
- Touch and Tweak controls enable totally new sound-shaping and performance options: Trigger envelopes, LFOs, filters and effects just by touching the encoders
- Tried and tested, stage-ready 37-note keybed with aftertouch
- Bus power from USB
- 12-band vocoder (with included dynamic gooseneck mic), and loads of controls
- Free software plug-in editor gives you full visual editing control
- The included Patch Librarian lets you organise, store and share unlimited patches
- Built-in two-in, four-out USB audio interface - stream high-quality audio to and from a host computer and control your monitor mix, all from UltraNova
- Full connectivity for stage and studio.
- Balanced line-level and stereo S/PDIF outputs, plus MIDI In, Out and Thru ports