The Pioneer DDJ-SP1 is an add-on controller designed for seamless access to the software's four decks and inspiring performance features.
DJ's simply add the DDJ-SP1 to a set up that supports mixing and scratching with Serato DJ Ì_Ì_Ì± for example a laptop, timecode CDJ/turntables and DJM-900SRT mixer or DDJ-S1 controller.åÎÌ_ They can then get hands on with pre-mapped buttons and dials to trigger the softwareÌ_Ì_åÈs six samples, eight Hot Cues and over 30 FX Powered by iZotope Ì_Ì_Ì± without the need to touch the keyboard or mouse.
The DDJ-SP1 adds a further physical dimension to performance thanks to the dynamic Performance Pads: sixteen rubber LED pads that let DJs trigger seven modes Ì_Ì_Ì± Hot Cue, Slicer, Roll, Sampler, Hot Loop, Auto Loop and Manual Loop. Velocity Mode lets them control the volume of samples by how hard they hit the pads. Plus, precision loops, scratches and reverses are made easy by Slip Mode, which silently continues playback and brings the track back in at exactly the right point.
Like its forerunner, the Digital DDJ-SX, the DDJ-SP1 was built to withstand the rigours of the booth, with a durable and stylish aluminium faceplate and rubber pots. With a slim build, instantaneous set up and sturdy T-U101 X-Stand (sold separately), this compact controller is a perfectly portable addition to any DJ booth.
Pre-mapped buttons and dials for dynamic performance with Serato DJ
Pioneer worked closely with Serato to ensure seamless integration between the hardware and the software. The DDJ-SP1 has dedicated controls for all Serato DJÌ_Ì_åÈs features:
- Four deck control
- More than 30 high-quality sound FX Powered by iZotope
- Eight cue points on each deck
- Syncable six slot sample bank
- Auto Loops, Manual Loops and Loop Roll, for even more loop options
- Slicer to chop up tracks and create new arrangements
Enhanced performance features for truly hands-on live performances
The DDJ-SP1 inherits the familiar layout from PioneerÌ_Ì_åÈs popular controller range, with a few updates to make the DJing experience even more enjoyable:
- Performance Pads: sixteen rubber Performance Pads are assigned to seven modes: Hot Cue, Roll, Sample, Slicer, Auto Loop, Hot Loop and Manual Loop. The LED illuminated padsÌ_Ì_åÈ Velocity Mode lets DJs control the sample volume with the amount of pressure they apply. LED illumination on each pad gives DJs an instant visual reference for the state of play.åÎÌ_
- Slip Mode: silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance.
Professional build quality and ultimate portability
The compact, slim DDJ-SP1 was built with portability and professional use in mind. The rubber pads and buttons are robust and durable, while the aluminium top plate gives the controller a premium look that will look good in any set up.
- Fully MIDI assignable to control any DJ software
- Can be mounted on the Pioneer T-U101 X-Stand (sold separately)